Sunday, May 8, 2011

Valere Hope Project

On Friday, one of my best childhood friends, Wendy, had a little niece born stillborn at 39 weeks.

I am heartbroken for her brother and his wife. Wendy and I want to do something to let them know we care, so we're asking for your help by participating in the Valere Hope Project.

Valere Hope (pronounced Valerie) is their baby's name (remember Valerie without the "i"). We would like to give her parents a book full of pictures of their daughters name written out in creative ways.

As you go about your week, think of Valere and look for ways to memorialize her sweet name. If you go to the beach, write her name in the sand and take a picture. Spell her name with your Alpha-bits cereal, or write it on your sidewalk with chalk while playing with your kids. The possibilities are endless and it will only take a few minutes to let someone know you care.

Please send your pictures to valerehope@hotmail.com.

Thank you in advance for your help with this project.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

What a neat idea! I'll think hard... I'm sure I can come up with something. :)

Everyday Mom Ideas said...

Great idea! Im sending my photo in right now!

Meggan said...

I have a angel baby as well Brightly Jane. I am sending a picture as well.

Camille said...

Great idea! I know Wendy & this family. I haven't been on your blog in months, I stop by & find this!
My sister is one of Wendy's other sister-in-laws.
Anyhow- love the idea, we will try to think up something. Have you put this on facebook to get more people?

Clinton and Danielle Logan said...

I'm a friend of Melissa's. Is it too late to contribute? Please let me know:
daniellemlogan@gmail.com
or
theloganlog.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

Oh, that is so heartbreaking. I will try to think of something creative, but I will definitely keep them in my thoughts.