Wednesday, February 16, 2011

12-Minute Chocolate Lava Cake

I discovered a Post-Valentine treat I think you would all love...

I recently became a Pampered Chef Consultant, and came across this easy, Easy, EASY recipe for a stoneware bundt pan. Read on, Apron Girls... this recipe is going to rock your entertaining world!

1. Spray a stoneware fluted pan (Pampered Chef makes one; google it and you may find other brands, but I'm not sure) with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Spread one can of chocolate frosting all over the seasoned stoneware. Meanwhile, mix a chocolate cake mix according to directions on the box.

3. Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan on top of the smeared frosting.

4. Microwave for 12 minutes; invert immediately onto serving platter, and Voila! The most heavenly, economical, time-saving, decadent dessert. Ever. Serve with vanilla ice cream; the cake is oozing with chocolate sauce...

8 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

My lovely children broke our ancient-anyway-camera, so I had to copy an internet picture just to get something to show. Unfortunately, I am camera-less, and photography-challenged;( Sorry it's not an end-result picture, girls!

Mindy said...

I love pampered chef. :) That recipe sounds so divine!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Sounds easy and delish. Two great things in a recipe!

Kristine said...

I can't wait to try this on Saturday!!!

jackal1973 said...

WOW!!! This is rich, decadent, and EASY. Made this last night for my family. It was so amazing that my three year old thanked me "for this lovely dessert."

I'm not sure what amazed me more- that my youngest could talk that way or that we finally found a recipe that was universally LOVED by the entire family(based on the silence that was only broken by the clink of silverware on bowls as we ate it).

Thanks for the idea!

Bistro said...

wow that was too easy but to think its elegant. i think i would also ty that.

Mollie said...

Mmmm...that sounds absolutely HEAVENLY! I just happen to have the fluted pan and my birthday is Friday, so I might just have to make myself a little treat:o) Thanks so much for sharing!

Kristine said...

Annalee let me try some last weekend, and it was so good!! I bought the bundt pan just so I can make it all the time at home now. Wow, it is delicious.